Monday, April 15, 2013

Baby Shower: Sweet As Pi

I adore throwing parties for my friends and I love even more when I get to co-host with great people!  Lindsey and I have known Andrew and Shauni for years and we were so lucky to connect wihth Shauni's dear friend Amy to throw a shower for the fabulous couple to celebrate the impending arrival of cuteness, little lady James. 

Shauni and Andrew are some of my favorite people, probably because they are as gorgeous inside as they are out.  Shauni was planning a science themed nursery, a personal passion of her own.  Don't you love that?  I was swooning and full of ideas as soon as I heard the theme and colors scheme orange/coral and mint, which we knew we had to use as well.  I like to call this party "Pretty Nerdy".

I had been trying to work in a cute sign that said "Cute As Pi" but after a little discovery, found out that pie was in fact their favorite dessert.  Done and done!  Under a banner saying "Sweet As Pi 3.14" we had peach, apple and pecan pies fresh out of the oven, perfect for the comfort food-style of the afternoon. 

And seriously, how amazing is this piece of art?  Yep, Lindsey already had that in her dining room.  Obsessed!!!

The food was an amazing collaboration by amazing friends.  I have never met a group of ladies so willing to pitch in and collaborate.  They say it takes a village to raise a kid.  We say it helps to have a village of fabulous people to throw a shower in honor of that kid.  To keep the theme going, I made some cute little signs inspired by the periodic table.  (Taking some elemental liberties of course.  Like I remember anything from science class people.)

Pulled BBQ pork and chicken mini sandwiches, mac and cheese cupcakes, chopped salad, fresh fruit and veggies with some yummy dips plus fresh lemonade and a rather delicious lemonade beer cocktail made our bellies and hearts full!

With a mix of co-ed friends, colleagues and family we had to find some fun games/activities that weren't too cheesy, lady-centric and for this couple, totally original.  For this game, we asked all of the guests to bring their own baby picture.  After posting all of these super cute images along a fence, we had Shauni and Andrew compete against each other and guess who was who.  As you can imagine, one of our handsome friends was a total golden haired toe-head as a child and looked as pretty as any of the ladies. It was a riot! 

A truly perfect day for wonderful friends!  And funny enough, little lady James was born on 3.14, Pi Day!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment