Monday, April 22, 2013

Baby Must Haves: Poop & Primping

Number two in my series of unsolicited advice! This list focuses on poop and primping. You could not imagine how many grooming products you can buy for someone with so little hair. And the poop! Well if you haven't already, you better brace yourself. It's about to get real. (Really smelly that is.)

Welcome to Baby Must Haves: Poop & Primping edition!

Episencial Playful Wash - Get it in the giant pump and scrub your little smelly monster clean with this all natural body and hair wash.

Episencial Suggly Lotion - A soft lotion and simple way to choose a better, natural lotion for your kidlet.

Green Sprouts Wooden Hairbrush - I am a BIG fan of Green Sprouts hairbrush. The bristles are super soft! You can get this great brand at Whole Foods Market and Amazon among others.

Safety First Nail Clippers - It’s not brain surgery but it has about as much pressure when they are wiggly and you are trying not to clip their little skin. These have a great grip for tiny little clippers.

Fisher Price Whale of a Tub - We really enjoyed this bathtub available on Amazon or just about any Target. The support for the newborn was great and it transitioned well up to about 1. The little green piece comes out of the middle so they have more room to play as soon as they can sit independently.

Towels and Washclothes - urprisingly, they animal hooded towels are fantastic. Big enough to last into toddler phase and small enough to be effective. For washcloths, choose some soft, thin, and most importantly, have a few.

Huggies - You’ll find your own brand. Our kid just has a prominent tush and these covered him the best and felt soft. My pet peeve was diapers that felt like paper. How can that be comfy?

Target Up and Up Brand Baby Wipes - The non-scented and sensitive options are super soft and really well. And please, who isn’t looking for a reason to go to Target just one more time?!?

Diaper Dekor Plus - We really like this diaper pail because, and lets be frank, it holds the shit.  Poops smell and this one holds that stank in pretty well.  Bonus, I prefer to change a bag of diapers instead of what looks like a sausage a la Diaper Genie style.

A couple things you don’t need?
Newborn bathtubs. Seriously you can wash them in a sink or their baby bathtub just as easily.
Wipes warmer. I am convinced that all babies that get their tush dabbed with a warm wipe will end up in therapy with dependency issues at some point.

And now for a love note.
Amazon, how do I love you? Let me count the ways. I love you for your diaper pricing. I love you for your Amazon Mom program that opened me up to the world of Amazon Prime. I love you for all the Downton Abbey I was able to stream, for free, at my leisure. I love you for the two day shipping because lord knows it would take me three times as long to find half an hour to waste at Target. I love you for the ease and added discounts of Subscribe and Save. And mostly, I love you because diapers always arrive, when I need them, like magic. If Amazon was a man, my husband would have some serious competition. Join my fantasy land and sign up here.

 

 

2 comments: